I first made this in Paris when I was bored and craving something homely. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is moist, chocolatey and so moreish! It contains no refined sugars and is easily made vegan – just replace the eggs with 4X: 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 2 tbsp water mixed together and left for around 10 mins. I hope you try out this recipe – let me know what you think!
1 cup almond flour
1 cup oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 mashed bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
70g (or however much you want) dark chocolate chopped up/chocolate chips
OPTIONAL: 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- Whisk all the dry ingredients
- Mix together the coconut oil, eggs and bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Pour into a lined cake dish and top with flaked almonds (I think it looks nice lol)
- Bake for 20-25 mins, depending on how big your tray is!
I hope you love this recipe – let me know how it goes!