We all want to reach our goals right now, with minimal effort. However, as we’ve been constantly told, it’s a process and it takes time. There are little changes that require minimal effort and brainpower that you can implement daily, though, which will certainly help you reach your goals that little bit quicker (and improve your quality of life drastically!)
- Walk more. This is so easy to implement and will improve both your cardiovascular and mental health. Whether it’s getting off the bus a stop early, or going for a brisk walk after dinner, just get moving! I try to hit my 10,000 steps every day to ensure I am getting enough fresh air and am keeping my body active.
- Drink more water. So many of us just don’t drink enough water, but our bodies are made up of mostly water, so it is essential! Get yourself a pretty water bottle and carry it around everywhere with you to encourage yourself to keep drinking. If you don’t like the taste of water or find it boring, add in some cucumber or fruit to make it flavoured!
- Increase your vegetable intake. Vegetables have so many benefits as they are incredibly nutritionally dense. In addition, they bulk up meals but are really low-calorie, allowing us to feel fuller for longer. Try to make vegetables the base of your meals, taking up the majority of your plate, and aim for a variety of colours!
- Remove the temptation. If you know that you just can’t help yourself and exercise portion control around certain foods (for me it’s granola!), then just don’t keep them in your house. It is trickier if you live with your family or others who want these foods, but if you just make them aware then maybe they can hide them from you or find alternatives! Don’t make it harder than it has to be.
- Don’t beat yourself up or negative self-talk. This is a really hard one to implement, as we tend to be really quick to get frustrated with ourselves when we slip up or feel things aren’t going to plan. However, this is not good as it can lead to a binge-restrict cycle, can worsen your relationship with food, and will increase your stress levels! Try to be kinder to yourself and love yourself as you are, while enjoying the journey you are on at the same time.
I hope these tips have helped you! If you have any others, feel free to comment them down below!