You can never go wrong with protein oats. I’m yet to try zoats (putting courgette in oats – I know, I’m still unconvinced), but I go through months on end where I make this every single morning. Here is my favourite chocolate banana flavoured protein porridge recipe!
I hadn’t been a big porridge fan before I discovered this, as I found it quite tasteless and the texture off-putting. However, when I discovered this combination, my mind was totally changed. I love this breakfast post-gym with some added chocolate protein powder (my protein smoothie works fab for this too if you want something more refreshing), or on a cold morning when I need something nourishing and warming to keep me satisfied until lunch.
- 40g oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use 25g Missfits or 1 scoop Idealfit chocolate – you can use my code SPELT10 for 10% off – this is also a commission link FYI!)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- Pour the oats into a saucepan and pour in the milk and water slowly. Stir.
- Chop up half the banana and stir it into the saucepan.
- Add the cacao powder and cinnamon.
- When it’s at your desired consistency, turn off the heat and add the scoop of protein powder.
- Put it in a bowl and serve with the other half of the banana, some cacao nibs and chia seeds!
I hope you enjoy this recipe – do you have any go-to breakfast recipes?
Disclaimer: Spelt and Spaghetti is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.