Since posting a photo of my protein cookies on my Instagram, I’ve got lots of requests to write this recipe up in full on my blog, so here you go! It’s super easy and I tend to just throw in whatever I’ve got in my cupboard, but the base is just oats, egg, banana and protein powder.
These work for breakfast, or as a post-gym afternoon snack! And they only take 10 minutes in the oven so are super easy to whip up.
1 cup oats
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1.5 tablespoon almond butter
1 tablespoon chia seeds with 2 tablespoons water left to thicken or 1 egg
1 banana (optional, can use both chia seeds and an egg instead!)
1 tablespoon flaxseed
A generous serving of cinnamon
A generous sprinkling of cacao nibs/chocolate chips
- Mash the banana and mix it with the egg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add water to the chia seeds and leave it to thicken for a bit.
- Meanwhile, put the almond butter and coconut oil in a microwave for around 1 minute.
- Add the protein powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, cacao nibs and oats to the banana and egg mixture and mix well.
- Once the chia seeds have set, mix those in and then add the coconut oil and nut butter.
- The mixture should stick together when you roll them into cookie shapes.
- Put the cookies onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and place them in a pre-heated oven at 180C for around 10-12 minutes.