Planning a quick Parisian getaway but don’t want your fitness journey to become totally de-railed due to an overdose of croissants and crepes? I have planned your perfect weekend trip away to Paris, allowing you both to indulge and explore the healthier eateries!
- Head straight to Rue de Montparnasse for crepes: I recommend La Creperie Bretonne or Le Petit Josselin, but you can’t really go wrong with any of the eateries on this creperie-filled street. They all do savoury buckwheat crepes, which are obviously the better more wholesome option over the sugary ones. But you do you, if you feel like a sweet caramel crepe, go for it! The amount of walking you’ll be doing this weekend, you’ll have more than earned it.
- Go for dinner at Ober Mamma for mouthwatering pizza (it’s worth the queue, I promise!) and hit up the Experimental Cocktail Club for after-dinner drinks – their cocktails are amazing and they will make them to measure if you tell them your favourite flavours/ingredients – you’re bound to love it!
- Head to Judy’s in the 6th arrondissement for breakfast, wander around Saint-Germain and then head to the Eiffel Tower, where you can have a picnic in the Champ de Mars.
- Treat yourself to dessert at Café Trama in Rue de Cherche-Midi for dinner – they do great Parisian bistro food with a healthy twist.
- Go to Le Perchoir Marais for drinks after dinner – the view of the Eiffel Tower is breathtaking.
- Head to the Marais and, if you’re feeling a little worse for wear, pick up a detox juice at Wild & The Moon. Then go to Season Paris for a healthy brunch – make sure to try their yummy lattés! Wander around the Marché des Enfants Rouges and pop into Maison Plisson for lunch – they also have an incredible health and lifestyle shop, with brilliant, fresh products.
- Go up the Arc de Triomphe in the afternoon for incredible views of Paris, and then make your way over to Nous Restaurant for a balanced, nourishing dinner. If you’re up for another evening of drinking, head to Candelaria.
I hope this itinerary comes in handy for your upcoming Parisian getaway! Let me know if you discover any other must-visit places on your travels.