My life changed when I decided to buy a blender while living in Spain – my eyes have been opened to the beauty of smoothies!
Here is my go-to recipe for a morning smoothie – it is the perfect consistency, tastes so chocolatey and delicious, and will keep you going until lunchtime.
You will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I am loving STRIPPD Lean Protein or Idealfit Chocolate Brownie Protein – Use SPELT10 for 10% off your order!! – I am an ambassador so make commission off this code but honestly LOVEEE the flavour of this protein)
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (depending how much you like the taste)
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao powder (I use Naturya Cacao Powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon maca powder (can omit if you don’t have it, I love it as it adds a slight caramel-y flavour and the nutritional benefits are great) (I am loving BioArtesa Maca Powder while out here in Spain)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (I use The Chia Charge Company LTD)
- 1 tablespoon Linwood’s Organic Milled Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 serving of Amazing Grass Green Superfood Cacao
Add almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)/water to blend (I usually like using a mixture of the two) to your desired consistency.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend!
- I would do it in little bursts and, depending on the power of your blender, you may need to shake it around a bit in between bursts of blending.
- Add more water or almond milk if you want to change the consistency as you go!
Let me know if you try it and how much you love it!
DISCLAIMER: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program, and so some links in this post will earn me commission but this does not in any way affect my opinion of the products!